Low carb ‘almost keto’ Italian casserole bake, the recipe speaks for itself. Low on carbohydrate and almost a ketogenic diet, what do you want more to satisfy your comfort food cravings with sacrificing gains.
A casserole is a large and deep pan. It is both used in the oven and as a serving bowl. In many Italian dinners, recipes casserole is a must. Low carb ‘almost keto’ Italian casserole bake is an ultimate and easy Italian dinner recipe for all Italian cuisine lovers.
Low carb ‘almost keto’ Italian casserole bake
It will take 15 minutes to prepare all the ingredients and another 30 minutes to cook, the low carb ‘almost keto’ Italian casserole bake is an easy and delightful recipe to enjoy. It can be the eventual comfort food for you.
- ¾ lb cauliflower
- One tablespoon olive oil
- One tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1lb 93% lean ground turkey
- One tablespoon whole fennel seeds
- One tablespoon sage
- One pinch sea salt
- One pinch pepper
- Two cups marinara sauce
- One cup fat-free mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 to taste fresh basil leaves
- 1 to taste chives
How to make
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take a food processor and place the cauliflowers florets in it. Pulse blend to make pearls, which are somewhat thicker than rice. It will make 3 to 4 cups of pearls.
- Using cheesecloth, drain the excess water from the cauliflower pearls.
- Heat the casserole in medium flame and add olive oil. Add garlic and onion after the oil is hot. Cook until the onions get caramelized.
- Add ground turkey to the casserole and chop it up while it cooks. Add the fennel seeds, sage, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes or until there are hardly any visible pink pieces of meat.
- Add the cauliflowers pearls to the casserole. Mix everything together very well.
- Pour in the pizza sauce into the mixture. Stir it up and top it with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover the casserole in the oven and bake it for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Garnish your casserole bake with fresh basil and dried chives.
- Enjoy the delicious dish with garden salad.
Hardly any foods are as comforting as a baked casserole. This baked casserole makes utilization of lean floor turkey and cauliflower—the low-carb savior of all convenience dinners—to deliver healthy, heavenly flavors without expanding the waistline.
Low carb ‘almost keto’ Italian casserole bake is an easy Italian dinner recipe. Very few foods are as comforting as casserole bake. It can easily satisfy your comfort food craving without expanding your waistline.