How Do You Know What Rowing Machine To Buy?
Choosing the right kind of rowing machine can be tough at times. There are plenty of options in the market right now. So, you might get confused to find out which rowing machine to buy. You can start by knowing the types of rowing machine available on the market right now. Then, you have to match your need with the types. For an effective buying decision, you also need to consider your budget limitation.
Types of Rowing Machine
Air Powered Rowing Machines
There is air friction available between the rowers which control the rowing mechanism. You can consider this rowing machine to buy if you want more glide in your rowing actions.
Hydraulic Powered Rowers
A hydraulic structure is the principal component of the construction of this type. It has a hydraulic open and pushes mechanism inside it which allows the users to control the tension and the pressure of the machine.
Magnetic Powered Machines
The tension of this kind of rowers is based on the magnetic pulling system. The users must work against the force of the magnetic field to carry on their rowing action.
Water Based Rowers
Water baser rowers are the lesser used kind in the market right now. Sometimes they tend to be a bit expensive. These rowers give you the real feeling of rowing in the water, but it also needs more space.
So, now that you have the brief idea about the types and the kinds of rowers let’s make a preference checklist. Through this checklist, you will be able to know what to expect from a rower.
You should definitely look at your budget while making a purchasing decision. If you have a limited budget, you should look for limited features but solidly built rowers.
If you are looking to buy the rower for your home usage, then you must consider the amount of space that you would need. If you have enough space, then you can choose whatever you want. But, if you have a little amount of space then consider buying a compact model.
You must also consider which rowing machine to buy by analyzing the amount of power they consume. Some rowers do not need any power supply, but some do. So, if you are looking to save power, you should avoid the power consuming ones.
Portability and Storage Options
You should check whether you can store and transfer your machine quickly or not. If it can be stored easily, it is always a plus because we seldom have big closets.
Number of Users
You should consider the number of users who would be using the rower and the frequency of the use. If the frequency is high, you should look for a rower with a sturdy build.
Finally, you have to rethink your purpose. What is the goal you look forward to achieving with your rowing machine? If you simply want to have the muscles toned, you do not need more power and serious features. But, if you want to get a super build, you need a more powerful machine with great features.
In this article, you haven’t found a long list of rowing machines with their highlights. But, you have been offered more valuable pieces of information about the workout tool. With the above preferences in knowledge, knowing which rowing machine to buy becomes easy and hassle free.
Products You May Consider
- Low impact workout that engages all major muscle groups; work legs, core and arms with a smooth, high calorie-burning motion.
- Track your progress with real-time reliable data; the Performance Monitor 5 (included) self-calibrates for comparable results; connect wirelessly to heart rate belts and apps (not included).
- Designed to fit most users: 14-inch seat height, adjustable footrests and ergonomic handle.
- Separates easily into two pieces for storage; caster wheels make it mobile; easy to assemble with only eight screws.
- Space recommended for use is 9 x 4 feet; 500-pound user capacity; 5-year frame warranty included.
- DIGITAL MONITOR - The large LCD console displays time, count, calories, total count, Scan. The convenient scan mode displays your progress to assist you in tracking all your fitness goals
- FOAM GRIP HANDLEBARS - Help prevent calluses with the improved Sunny Health & Fitness Handle Bars. Non-Slip foam grip handlebars offer comfort while enduring those long rides. Slide rail length / inseam: 42 inch
- NON-SLIP FOOT PEDALS - Textured non-slip foot pedals will ensure safe footing during the most demanding and vigorous workouts! Foot straps keep your feet saddled in so you can focus on the workout without feeling unbalanced
- TRANSPORTATION WHEELS - Built in transportation wheels for easy portability. Simply tilt and roll out for use or away for storage, no need for heavy lifting or muscle strain. Folded Dimensions: 37L X 19W X 53.5H inches
- ADJUSTABLE RESISTANCE - With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease resistance, so your workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey. 8 Resistance levels