You may have heard the song “Shake It off” by Taylor Swift. Now, it’s time to shake your fat off because scientists are saying that little shaking can burn your fat and make you fitter. A vibration plate exercise or a power plate exercise can be a great way to shake off your fat from the whole body. However, there are some techniques you should know about the vibration plate workouts and the power plate exercises.
How a Vibration Plate Exercise Works
A vibration plate is a machine that vibrates at different speeds. When you stand on a vibrating surface, the brain tricks you into thinking that you are falling; even if you don’t fall. It makes you alert, and this alertness leads your muscles to stabilize the body. As the machine continues to vibrate, your muscles continue to cause an increase in the stabilization process.
Benefits of Vibration Plate Exercises
- The vibration plate exercises and power plate workouts help increase your muscle contractions. Muscle contractions create microtrauma and increase the metabolic rate of your body.
- Following the trauma, the body becomes ready to accept the utility of protein. Protein is required for the body to heal and recover from that phase. It builds your muscle without the fat.
- The vibration plate exercises stabilize the balance and coordination of the training program.
- You can perform a vibration plate exercise anywhere as you don’t need a lot of space or any other exercise tools like rowing machines or workout bench.
How to Use a Vibration Plate
Performing a vibration plate exercise is pretty straightforward. However, for doing that right, you should know the general rules for using a vibration plate. You can perform any exercise you desire using the vibration plate, but some additional efforts are required to maximize the use of it.
- Stand on the vibration plate and set the lowest speed. It will give your body a chance to adjust. Then adjust the speed to your convenience.
- Be cautious before beginning any exercise. Your body needs time to get used to the vibration.
- Stance is the most important action for a vibration plate workout. Standing correctly puts enough tension on your muscles to build strength and mass and stabilize your body. So, follow the next steps sincerely.
- Slightly bend your knees after standing on the vibration plate. Whenever you perform exercises on a vibration plate that involves standing, always bend your knees. The bending prevents the muscle contractions from affecting your joints.
- If you are a beginner, perform a vibration plate exercise 1-2 times in the first two weeks on the lowest speed. Then gradually increase the frequency of your exercise as well as the speed.
- Do not spend more than 30-60 seconds on each workout. The vibration plate increases the intensity of the exercises. Spending more than 2 minutes on a single exercise may harm your body.
Some Useful Vibration Plate Exercises
Now, you know the basic rules of using the plate; let’s see some vibration plate or power plate workouts you can do.
How to Planks with Vibration Plate
- Place your toes on the ground and place your forearms on the vibration plate or the power plate.
- Be as straight as possible tightening your midsection. Keep your back straight to create a straight line between your head and toes.
- Hold your forearms still for 30 seconds at least.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times.
- Gradually, increase your time from 30 to 40/50 seconds.
Here, the power plate benefits you with the shaking and adds intensity to the exercise.
You can perform squats on a vibration plate or a power plate pro. It enhances the effectiveness of the exercise exceptionally.
How to Perform Squats on a Power Plate Pro
- Stand with your feet wide apart on the plate
- Place your feet and slightly bend your knees to protect the joints.
- Fully extend your arms forward.
- Slowly lower your hip bending your knee a little more. It’s like slowly sitting on a chair.
- Your thighs should be parallel with the floor.
- Wait for 4-7 seconds and slowly go back to the starting position.
- Repeat the process 3 to 4 times.
Push-up with power plate pro is an excellent vibration plate exercise to build your arms, shoulders, and chest in the best way possible.
How to Do Push-Ups with Vibration Plate
- Place your hands firmly on the vibration plate and raise your head to extend your arms fully. Your hands should be directly under your shoulders.
- Place your toes on the ground. There should be a 6 to 8-inch gap between your toes.
- Lower the body bending your elbows till your chest touches the plate.
- Keep your back and hip straight when you bend your elbows.
- Wait for not more than 2 seconds before pushing yourself back up.
- Repeat the process 8-10 times.
Many people complain that calf raises are not as effective as they want. However, with a vibration plate, they can be beneficial.
- Stand on the power plate with your feet width apart.
- Stabilize yourself bending your knees and have a firm stand.
- Raise your heels and stand on your toes.
- Keep standing for 5 to 8 seconds.
- Then return to the starting position.
- Repeat the process for 10 to 15 times.
How to Do Short Bridges
- Lie on a workout mat facing the power plate.
- Place your feet on the vibration plate and keep your arms still at your sides.
- Raise your hips off the mat keeping your feet flat.
- Wait for 4-5 seconds.
- Then go back to the starting position.
- Repeat the process 8 to 10 times.
Scientists and the fitness experts acknowledge the fact that vibration or shaking can burn fat faster. So, the vibration plate exercises or the power plate workouts lighten your load by saving your time and energy.