It should come as no surprise that we should clean a rowing machine on a regular basis. We spend a lot of money to buy a rowing machine, but many of us do not spend one hundredth of the money in the form of efforts to clean a rowing machine.
It is possible that a rower will last for over a decade. But, you need to ensure proper maintenance, and that requires you to clean a rowing machine after every few weeks. In this article, we will inform you of the easiest yet hassle-free techniques to clean a rowing machine plus some general rules of cleanliness. Keep reading.
A lot of sweat and body bacteria comes into contact with the rowing machine when we use it. Plus, it also gets some added dirt when we store it in the closet after using it. Cleaning the rowing machine helps to increase the hygiene of the machine.
Cleaning and maintaining your machine will ultimately result in a longer lifespan of the machine. You will be able to get reliable performance from the machine without it breaking apart.
Reduce the Chance of Germs
There is always a chance of bacterial infection from an exercising machine if you do not clean it properly. So, to reduce this chance, you need to clean it on a regular basis.
Keeps the Machine Well Performing
You should also clean the machine to get the best performance out of it. Sometimes the inside parts get jammed if you do not clean it regularly. So, to get the machine working at its full all the time, you need to keep it clean.
Now that you know the great benefits of cleaning the machine is, let’s talk about the ways to clean a rowing machine;
Cleaning Before Usage
You should keep your rowing station clean before you start using it. For this, you should
- Wipe the whole machine with a wet cloth
- Let it dry for sometimes
- Use a blow dryer to dust off the dirt from the rower
- Properly lubricate the screws and the chains
- Keep it exposed to sunlight for once a week to kill off the chances of fungus
- Adjust The Screws and The Nuts Properly
- Check if the foot stand in the rower has any dirt in it
- Consider Washing the removable seat cover twice each month
Cleaning After Usage
After you are done with our workout, you should go through some routine cleaning to make sure that your rower doesn’t get germ affected
- Clean the removal seat covers properly
- Wipe off and added dirt to the foot stand
- Use a wet cloth to remove any sweat or oil on the machine
- Flip and Covert the Rowing machine in the right manner
- Keep it in a cool, dry place to ensure protection from rust
Yearly Cleaning Methods
You should take it to a mechanic once every year to adjust the inner part of the machine. This will increase the swiftness and the glide of your machine as well as keep it in top-notch shape. They will lubricate the parts that you cannot reach. Or, you can disassemble the machine by yourself following the instruction manual and fix it all by yourself.
If you follow these steps, you can expect your rowing machine to last longer than only a decade, and you will be able to enjoy workouts with absolute hygiene. Feel free to send us any question. Happy rowing!
SaleBestseller No. 1 Bestseller No. 2 Bestseller No. 3