Military Workouts You Can Do at Home
Who does not admire the fitness of a military person? Military training sessions may not include the perfect workout for everyone, but they incorporate different levels of workouts and exercises. Military workouts are designed and planned by the top fitness professionals of the world. However, it’s interesting that these workouts are nothing beyond the domain of an ordinary fitness enthusiast. If you are determined to be fit like a military professional, you’re lucky because some of their exercise drills and lessons can be tried at home.
Military Workouts at Home
A standardized military workout plan embodies three initial conditioning stages. The military workouts also include light muscular endurance workouts and moderate-level cardiovascular and cardiorespiratory endurance activities that help you to decrease muscle soreness and the risks of injuries.
Conditioning Drill 1
Conditioning Drill 1 (CD1) embodies some army workouts that develop your motor skills and challenge your strength, endurance, and flexibility to improve them. The exercises of this drill are easy to perform at home, but you have to perform them regularly and sincerely to achieve the effect of a military workout plan. The basic military workouts of this drill are:
Exercise 1: The Bend and Reach
This exercise improves your ability to squat and reach through your legs. It also helps you prepare your spine and extremities for the harder workouts.
- Get into the position with a straddle stance extending your arms overhead.
- Squat with your heels flat and get down your arm bending your spine round forward.
- Then allow your arms to go between your legs as far as possible.
- Return to your starting position.
- Repeat the process for 15 to 20 times with a slow cadence.
Exercise 2: The Rear Lunge
This exercise helps you attain balance. It also opens up your hip and develops muscular strength and endurance of your legs.
- Get into the position with a straddle stance keeping your hands on your hips.
- Take a step big backward with your left leg. The ball of your left foot should be touching the ground, and your right leg should create a 90-degree angle with the ground.
- Retreat to your starting position.
- Keep doing in for 15 to 20 times with your right leg.
Exercise 3: The Rower
This exercise develops your ability to move in and out of the lying down position to a seated posture. It involves your trunk and extremities and challenges the abdominal muscles.
- Lie down on your back keeping your arms extended overhead and feet together. Your chin should be tucked, and your head should be 1 to 2 inches above the ground.
- Swing your arms forward and bend your knees to sit up.
- When you are seated, your arms should be parallel to the ground and your palms facing inward.
- Retreat to the starting position.
- Follow the process for 15 to 20 times with a slow cadence.
Conditioning Drill 2
Conditioning Drill 2 (CD2) has been designed to improve the upper body strength, endurance, and mobility of the soldiers. The military workouts of this stage sometimes require you to have a partner to assist you. Conditioning Drill 2 embodies the following exercises:
Exercise 1: The Pushups
This workout strengthens the muscles of your arms, chest, shoulders, and trunk. It’s not different from the normal push-ups.
- Get yourself into a front leaning rest position keeping your hands shoulder-width
- Bend your elbows to lower your body until your upper arms are parallel with the ground.
- Push your body up to revert to the commencing position.
- Repeat the process for 20 to 25 times with a moderate cadence.
Exercise 2: The Sit-up
This workout strengthens your abdominal and hip flexor muscles. This is also not a difficult exercise to perform, but you have to maintain the regularity to get the results.
- Start with a supine position with the hands behind your head. Your fingers should be interlocked, and your knees should be bent at 90 degrees. You can keep your feet together or up to 12 inches apart but they have to be flat on the ground.
- Lift your upper body to the vertical position to create a parallel position between your neck and your spine.
- You might take your partner’s help to keep our feet in the right position while you perform the sit-up.
- Return to your starting position with a moderate cadence.
- Repeat the process for 20 to 25 times.
Exercise 3: The Pull–up
This exercise strengthens your forearms, arms, and your back muscles. This is a common army workout.
- Start with gripping the bar tightly and make yourself comfortable while hanging.
- Pull up your body keeping yourself straight until your chin is above the bar.
- Return to the position with a moderate cadence.
- Repeat the process for 15 to 20 times.
Conditioning Drill 3
Conditioning Drill 3 (CD3) embodies the toughest military workouts that improve your motor skills and challenge your endurance, strength, and mobility at a higher intensity. The execution of these workouts should be precise even if you have to sacrifice the cadence.
Exercise 1: The Power Jump
This workout reinforces your jumping and landing to be correct and stimulates the balance and coordination of your body. Most importantly, it develops your explosive strength.
- Get into a position with a straddle stance with your hands on the hips.
- Squat with the heels flat and bend your spine to touch the ground with your palms.
- Force yourself to jump into the air from that position. Your hands should be over your head touching the palms.
- Keep your body and feet straight to control your landing.
- Go back to the starting position.
- Repeat the process for 10 to 12 times.
Exercise 2: The Mountain Climber
This exercise develops your ability to move your legs fast to power yourself out of the front leaning rest position.
- Get into a front leaning rest position with your left foot below your chest and between the two arms. Straighten your right leg, and your left thigh should create a 45-degree angle with your chest.
- Push yourself upward with the left feet and change the position of the legs. It will look like you are climbing on something.
- Go back to your starting position.
- Follow the above steps for 10 to 12 times.
Exercise 3: The Single-leg Pushups
This workout strengthens the muscles of your arms, chest, shoulders, and trunk. This is an effective trunk stabilizing exercise because it involves raising one leg while maintaining a proper trunk position.
- Get yourself into a front-leaning rest position.
- Bend your elbows to lower your body just like you did in the normal push-ups. Now, raise your left leg 8 to 10 inches off the ground.
- Push yourself up to the starting position.
- Repeat the process for 10 to15 times changing your legs.
These are the three stages of military workouts. Many other workouts can be included in each of these stages or drills. The military workouts that have been listed here are the most convenient exercises for you to perform at home. To conclude, if you want a fit military body, you must perform these workouts regularly maintaining the drills.
Products You May Consider
- SCULPT YOUR ABS: Fitnessery ab wheel acts as your personal fitness trainer - helping you to build stronger and bigger six pack abs, burn calories, build muscle and improve your overall endurance. Your ab wheel comes with 3 free bonus gifts and life-time money back guarantee. Add to cart NOW to enjoy this abs cruncher in 48 hours with Amazon Prime.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: Train with one of the most effective pieces of home exercise equipment. It is made of strong, durable material to ensure it withstands even the most intense workout sessions. The ab wheel is made of strong stainless steel, non-slip rubber and durable PVC. The abs roller handles are made of comfortable EVA foam padding ensure safety and comfort.
- 3 FREE BONUS GIFTS: Each purchase includes three incredible extras. 1) A comfortable knee pad for added knee support (value: $10). 2) Six Pack Abs Nutrition E-book (value: $20) for valuable diet, health, and fitness guidance. 3) Ultimate Ab Workout E-book (value: $20) for fitness training workout advice. EXCLUSIVE only to Fitnessery customers, you won't find these high-value free gifts anywhere else!
- SAVE MONEY: If you want to save money on a gym membership or need to fit in a fast workout, our ab work out equipment is the ideal gym equipment for home! The non-slip rubber wheel roller securely grips any floor type, and the handles have soft padding for total comfort. It is the perfect training equipment for your home gym!
- LIFE-TIME MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: At Fitnessery, the overall health, fitness, and wellbeing of our customers have always been our top priority! To help ensure you receive a home workout equipment that you're fully satisfied with, we're offering our life-time risk free guarantee with every purchase.
- Workout anywhere indoors or outdoors with this durable anchor point
- Steel plate easily attaches to a wall, vertical stud or secure overhead beam
- Best anchoring solution for all suspension straps and resistance trainers, Crossfit Olympic Rings, Battle Ropes, Yoga Swings, & Boxing Equipment
- Supports all brands Suspension Strap Body Weight Trainer models, Resistance Bands, and Crossfit Training Rings.
- Premium quality metal material, super strong and ultra durable. Patent Pending & Copyright Protected.